Tuning restrictions in Czechia?

prostě všechno, co je tak trochu off-topic
Návštěvník

Tuning restrictions in Czechia?

Příspěvek od Návštěvník » 02.02.2006, 00:16

Thanks for setting up the forum for english speaking members! :)

I have a general question about the tuning laws in Czechia.. here in switzerland, it's like hell. If you drive a relatively unique car like the 200sx, most modifications on your vehicle or forbidden, especially when it comes to engine & response tuning..

I was wondering about problems you've had with police or the law in general, concerning tuning of your 200sx's! Me and a few buddies from the sxoc switzerland are were even thinking of "importing" our cars to a country where the laws are less strict, and ensure it there but drive it in switzerland.

I might get back on that topic, but first I'm interested how the laws in Czechia handle such tuning as you all seem to be doing. :)

Around here, we have to have most tuning parts (if they are allowed, which is seldom) checked for functionality and legality, which makes it practically impossible to tune a car with so much potential as the 200sx to it's fullest... :(

a few insights into the Czech tuning scene would be really nice! thanks in advance. :)

cheers,
allen

raddy
user

Příspěvek od raddy » 02.02.2006, 08:10

Hi Allen

It is little bit different here....Actually, nobody is really interested about moddifing your car, you can do almost everything without any restrics from police...
For example, my car is pretty modified, engine, exhaust, cat removed, large wheels, bucket seats, airbrush:)) and I never have any problems with police....Also, MOT are very nice, I just didnt go there at all, my friend working there:))
Nobody check or test any parts added to your car...

Of course, this will change in future, but for now it is very tuning friendly country , at least in Slovakia :wink:

fallguz

Příspěvek od fallguz » 02.02.2006, 08:21

It sounds really nice over there when it comes to tuning! :) But if you say they're planning to change this sometime, are we talking 5 years, or 10 years or something like that?

I think they should leave everything as it is - driving around in a highly modified car without having to worry about police or periodic checks is like heaven! ;)

raddy
user

Příspěvek od raddy » 02.02.2006, 08:24

Yes, its like heave now :wink: :lol:

Nobody knows, how long you can just take some money at MOT controll to pass it, but here we have little bit different habits and friends will be friends for very long time :wink:

This is reason why everybody tune its car like crazy and dont look at the future :lol: :lol:

fallguz

Příspěvek od fallguz » 02.02.2006, 09:11

I need to learn the Czechish language and live in Czechia, dammit! That sound too gooooood! ;)

Imagine a world where you take your car to a periodic complete checkup every two years, where you have to remove most tuning parts every two years just for this check.

And of course, if the police catches you, you pay large fines, and have to go to the checkup directly after they caught you to make sure that you removed all the parts!

The easiest way to drive a fast car in switzerland is "have a lot of money and buy a ferrari or porsche"... :(

People who just want to tweak und upgrade their existing car are disliked by authorities.

ah well, maybe it's possible to change this with a Czechish import, right randy. ;) I'm praying it's possible, but it sounds almost too good to be true.. :)

remo
user
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od remo » 02.02.2006, 09:16

the only limitation on import cars is the date of production for now.

officialy it is not allowed to import and register car older then 1996. if you will be able to buy a registration in here from a wracked car yolu will have no problem.

we have a heaven here??? it is nice to know:D:D:D
remo

200SX S13, 1991 dovoz z DE
BOV ventil, filter priameho sania GREEN do 450PS, FMIC Kit, bateria premiestnena do kufra, apex performance podvozok, walbro pumpa, drift volant, shortshifter, 17" Alessio 215 a 225, budiky tlak+teplota oleja a boost, EBC HKS ECV IV, svarosvor, T28 Turbo s S14 chip S2 a 1Bar na turbe, odvetranie vaciek, camber bolts, skrupiny Spacro Sprint, 5 bodove pasy, D2 hydraulicka rucka, vyhadzany komplet interier, predna aj zadna rozpera, ulozenie motora a prevodovky na pevno na hlinikoch, vsetky hlinikove remenice, velky vodny chladic, jednoidielny kardan, odlahceny zotrvak, kovokeramika,

fallguz

Příspěvek od fallguz » 02.02.2006, 09:21

thanks for the insight, remo!

Ok, I am now OFFICIALLY LOOKING FOR:

1 x registration from wrecked S14

I will pay good money for it! I'm serious! :) If all other aspects allow it. (like I don't have to live in Czechia to be able to register a car in czechia) then I'm seriously considering doing this!

I assume nobody has one of those juicy registrations for sale right now? ;)

remo
user
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od remo » 02.02.2006, 09:34

you need to be citizen or at least have a long term citizenship (work or study) and there is no other limitation. or ti find somebody to register it on.

there would be some registration for sale, but mostly for S13. keep looking some will come up.
remo

BOV ventil, filter priameho sania GREEN do 450PS, FMIC Kit, bateria premiestnena do kufra, apex performance podvozok, walbro pumpa, drift volant, shortshifter, 17" Alessio 215 a 225, budiky tlak+teplota oleja a boost, EBC HKS ECV IV, svarosvor, T28 Turbo s S14 chip S2 a 1Bar na turbe, odvetranie vaciek, camber bolts, skrupiny Spacro Sprint, 5 bodove pasy, D2 hydraulicka rucka, vyhadzany komplet interier, predna aj zadna rozpera, ulozenie motora a prevodovky na pevno na hlinikoch, vsetky hlinikove remenice, velky vodny chladic, jednoidielny kardan, odlahceny zotrvak, kovokeramika,

fallguz

Příspěvek od fallguz » 02.02.2006, 09:40

I discussed this with 2 friends from sxoc switzerland.

Citizenship is out of question for us, logically. I see two possibilties:

a.)

as you said, find somebody to register it on. Would that mean that all the insurance would run over that person? Is there any risk involved for that person?

I would be willing to pay somebody monthly if he allowed me to register my car on his name to make this possible.

b.)

How are the possiblities in czechia about creating a small company? Is that expensive?

I see a possiblity (in switzerland it works) to ensure and register a car not on a PERSON but on a small COMPANY.

However, i assume it's not possible to just create a small company if you're not citizen of Czechia, right?

In that case it would still be needed to have somebody over there who has a small company registered on his name. Then the registration could be done as a "Fleet vehicle" of that company, so not a person would be taking any risks.

I don't know about those laws in czechia, but in switzerland you can open a small, cheap company, and register a car on that company as a fleet vehicle. Some people do it to avoid car taxes. :)

Thanks for the great support on this matter, it really means alot to us!

Cheers,
Allen

remo
user
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od remo » 02.02.2006, 09:53

fallguz píše:I discussed this with 2 friends from sxoc switzerland.

Citizenship is out of question for us, logically. I see two possibilties:

a.)

as you said, find somebody to register it on. Would that mean that all the insurance would run over that person? Is there any risk involved for that person?

I would be willing to pay somebody monthly if he allowed me to register my car on his name to make this possible.

b.)

How are the possiblities in czechia about creating a small company? Is that expensive?

I see a possiblity (in switzerland it works) to ensure and register a car not on a PERSON but on a small COMPANY.

However, i assume it's not possible to just create a small company if you're not citizen of Czechia, right?

In that case it would still be needed to have somebody over there who has a small company registered on his name. Then the registration could be done as a "Fleet vehicle" of that company, so not a person would be taking any risks.

I don't know about those laws in czechia, but in switzerland you can open a small, cheap company, and register a car on that company as a fleet vehicle. Some people do it to avoid car taxes. :)

Thanks for the great support on this matter, it really means alot to us!

Cheers,
Allen
A: yes it would run on him. the risks are only if you will get a ticked not paied on the spot. he will get a nice picture in his mail:D you could have some kind of agreement signed between you two solving some possible problems.

B: it is not too big of a problem having a company, but you need for now a citizen partner in the company. you could set up an LTD. then you would be able to have a fleet car registered on it. but thje company need to show some activity, if not could be problem with tax office, hoe it is possible to hae a car without any turnover or such thins.

but these are not obstacles that should stop you:):):)
remo

fallguz

Příspěvek od fallguz » 02.02.2006, 10:17

this is starting to sound really really interesting. :)

I think for risk purposes, and protection of the individual, it would be better to go with option b.).

faking Activity in a company is easy - we could set it up as an internet company that hosts a homepage with a forum for example. Maybe sell a service like a forum where everybody can join for 50 euros a month! of course nobody would ever want to join, but that doesn't matter, right?. ;)

it could be anything, really. It just needs to be defined as something - i mean, in switzerland we have tons of small companys that are already registered as that, but have not shown acitvity for 2 years because they are still planning a big great product or something.

In the end, it would probably come down to this:

We would need a person who trusts us, and have a LTD set up together with that person. For the risk involved, as mentioned, we would be willing to pay him monthly to some bank account.

Then, I'd have to somehow get a registration of a wrecked S14. The other 2 friends involved both have an S14a, so they are newer than 1996 and shouldnt be a problem to import, right? (maybe it costs a bit but that's to be expected)

Then we could all come over the czechia for holiday, get contracts set up, get the cars registered, get the cars ensured, get license plates from czechia and go home completely protected from police!

The good thing is that the swiss authorities will not back-track things like this because the administrative costs to back-track such activities would be far greater than the fine they could give us in switzerland. (and driving around with a czechish car is legal, of course!) :)

Does this plan sound somehow possible, if everything comes together as descibed? will i need to look at other aspects?

cheers,
Allen

Gerox
user
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Gerox » 02.02.2006, 10:41

as far as i know you dont need any czech citizen as partner or czech citizenship to set up a company...there are no obstacles for foreign citizens to start a business here...

tha car can be registered on the company...but you wil have to register the company to road tax which is approx 4000 CZK p.a.

regarding the tuning mods at your car...:

how can the police ascertain that you have total other internals in your engine for example...? or are you talking about rims and wing, etc?

I am just curious... 8)

remo
user
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od remo » 02.02.2006, 10:49

maybe gerox is right, I am not sure of the fact having company only as non-citizen is alowed.

if so it is even easier for you to have a car registered in Czech or Slovakia.

you have summarized it quite nicely, I believe that way it should be possible. you just need somebody with fluency in czech to go around the offices to take care of the import, registration, insurance etc.
remo

Gerox
user
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od Gerox » 02.02.2006, 10:58

i am right...i am a lawyer i have established a lot of companies for foreigners...but i did not wanted to advertise myself... :oops:

raddy
user

Příspěvek od raddy » 02.02.2006, 11:03

Gerox píše:
regarding the tuning mods at your car...:

how can the police ascertain that you have total other internals in your engine for example...? or are you talking about rims and wing, etc?

I am just curious... 8)
It is same in Austria or Germany....If anything in your car looks strange to police (sound, color, anything) they get you to the authorized service station to complete investigation of your car by mechanician....

Odpovědět